How to Install & Setup WP Super Cache Plugin for WordPress 2019
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is one of the most popular WordPress caching plugin that helps you optimize your database by generating static HTML files. More than 99% of your visitors will be served static html files if we use WP Super Cache Plugin. One cached file will be served thousands of times. To serve “supercached” static html files it uses fastest method Apache mod rewrite. Automatic updating of your .htaccess file will be updated automatically. Make sure to back up your .htaccess before installing the plugin!
Before you begin to install the plugin, deactivate and deleted any other caching plugins installed on your site.
Now check the performance of your WordPress website using Google Page Speed Tools or any other tools available online. With this you check the load time comparison before and after installing the plugin.
Now select Plugins > Add New > Search for WP Super Cache, install it and activate the plugin.
Once the plugin has been activated WP Super Cache will notify you that caching is not enabled on your website at the moment. In order to enable cache, go to Settings > WP Super Cache. Under the Easy tab, select Caching on option and click the update status button.
After turning on the cache, click on the test cache button to check whether it is working or not. If you are using Cloudflare or anyother transparent front-end proxy service this test may fail. WP Super Cache will start fetching your WordPress site twice and will compare the time stamps of both first & second copies. If the time stamps of both first & second copies are matching then it means that caching is working fine on your website.
Steps to configure WP Super Cache:
Advanced Tab Settings
- Caching: Should be enabled
- Cache Delivery Method: Should be enabled Simple (Recommended)
- Miscellaneous: Below listed options should be enabled
- Don’t cache pages for known users. (Recommended)
- Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors. (Recommended)
- Cache rebuild. Serve a supercache file to anonymous users while a new file is being (Recommended)
- 304 Not modified browser caching. Indicate when a page has not been modified since last requested. (Recommended)
- Advanced: Below listed options should be enabled
- Mobile device support. (External plugin or theme required. See the FAQ for further )
- Clear all cache files when a post or page is published or updated.
- Only refresh current page when comments made.
- List the newest cached pages on this page.
Expiry Time & Garbage Collection
- Cache Timeout: 0 seconds
- Clock: 00:00 HH:MM
- Interval: Once Daily
Don’t do any changes in CDN, Contents, Preloads, Plugin sections. This is all about WP Super cache, use the recommended settings to get better performance.
Once you are done with setup, you have to check whether Super Cache is serving cached files or not for this go to the “Easy” tab and click on test the cache under “Cache tester”. If everything goes fine, your Super Cache setup is finally done.
WP Super Cache: Free Download
I hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org